Rethinking museum practices: decolonizing collections – Registration
Registration is closed – Available seat limit has been reached
Rethinking museum practices: decolonizing collections is an online series of talks organised by the international ICOM committees CIDOC, COMCOL and the national committee ICOM Brazil in partnership with MAM Rio (Museum of Modern Art – Rio de Janeiro) and supported by Itaú Cultural.
The event is a full online conference, via Zoom platform, divided into a five day program, with 2,5 hours per day. Each day will have a specific focus:
- November 26: Rethinking restitution and repatriation
- November 30: Rethinking provenance research, information and knowledge sharing
- December 3: Rethinking acquisition and deaccessioning
- December 7: Rethinking cataloguing, classification and digital presence
- December 10: Closing session – Rethinking institutional transparency and accountability
All the sessions, except December 7, are scheduled to start at 17:00h UTC. The December 7 session will start at 20:00h UTC.
The participation is free, but limited to 500 participants, and it’s done via Zoom registration services that will send directly to the participants all the details to join the event at the 5 different dates.
Please register at: https://bit.ly/RethinkingMuseum