CIDOC organises an annual conference which typically incorporates:
- Plenary sessions with papers and reports on documentation issues and initiatives
- Workshops and tutorials on specific issues
- Working Group sessions during which members of the Groups pursue their projects
- Annual General Meeting of CIDOC
- Visits to museums to learn about their documentation practices
CIDOC 2021 – Symbiosis of tradition and digital technology
Save the dates!
The next CIDOC conference will take place on September 6-10 in Tallinn, Estonia.
The main venue will be the Maarjamäe History Center of Estonian History Museum.
The conference follows the lead of CIDOC 2020 and goes deeper in exploring the relations between tradition and digital technology. The three main subjects tackled at the conference are:
- Strategic Planning
- The future of documentation
- A wonderland of digital technology
The pre-conference workshops and working group meetings have been planned on September 4-5 also in Tallinn, except for one that is going to be in Helsinki!
The conference is organized by the National Heritage Board of Estonia together with ICOM Estonia.
For further information, keep an eye on the conference website!